- “The children love having a safe, attractive, well equipped area for sports and games. A feature I particularly value is the flexibility the MUGA offers; by having it marked up with two pitches for both football, tennis and netball and separating the pitches with the pull across net, it allows great flexibility in how we use the pitch throughout the day. The pitch has proved ideal for a whole range of sports and activities, it is easy to maintain and looks great.” View »
- “The investment we have made over the last three years means that we have some of the finest facilities in the independent education sector. Our pupils are passionate about sport and developing the courts is another sign of our commitment to sporting excellence and healthy lifestyles here at the school.” View »
- "Most of all we have been impressed by Thornton Sports' willingness to keep us fully informed during the construction phase, keeping to their time schedule, and in some cases bettering it. Of course we were very lucky with the dry autumn weather, but we are still delighted that Thornton Sports have been able to deliver the finished product on time, and actually slightly early!" View »
- We are delighted with our new facilities, which are second to none, and are thankful to Thornton Sports for the speed of their response. The quality of workmanship displayed is excellent and our teams, officials and local community are already enjoying putting them to good use. View »
- Our ethos is to take grassroots to the Champions League; that means offering the best facilities at affordable prices. Thorntons have supported our delivery of our goal by providing state of the art playing surfaces and rebound systems on budget. View »
- We are incredibly proud to now be a significant step closer to our goal to become fully sustainable and exemplar club. Thornton Sports were central in this success. View »
- The pupils are absolutely over the moon with the new surface and the local community are also benefiting! We would highly recommend Thornton’s based on the two occasions of working with them. View »
- From start to finish Thornton Sports delivered a great level of service. It plays fantastically and will be an invaluable resource in terms of player development. View »
- The performance of the Rugby Pro M surface is exceptional and our own junior team coaches and also many community users have offered nothing put praise for this new facility. View »
- Thornton’s are reliable, conscientious and very experienced in the provision of AGP’s. I have used the company twice and would not hesitate to use them again. View »
- Having exclusive access to the first-class training facility that Thornton Sports UK installed at Mile End Stadium was a very important factor in the success of USA Track and Field, as evident by the positive feedback we received about the venue from our Olympic athletes and coaches. View »
- Thornton Contracts added great value to our own design ideas. They delivered a high quality facility, on time and on budget. The devil is in the detail and the Thornton's team are clearly experts in every aspect of what they do. View »
- Once we appointed Thorntons the operation kicked in with military precision and our surveyors were extremely impressed by the speed of response of the design team to requests for planning submissions. The build went ahead smoothly, without fuss and was on time with a first class product delivered. View »
Sports Surfaces and Artificial Grass from Thornton Sports
Welcome to Thornton Sports, UK manufacturers of sports surfaces.
Thornton Sports combines the expertise of four companies;
Thornton Contracts design and construct sports surfaces,
including surfaces for hockey, rugby, football, multi
use games areas and athletics tracks,
Nordon manufacture synthetic grass / artificial grass surfaces and are based in Lancashire.
Protech AllWeather maintain and repair synthetic surfaces.
GTC Sports supply and install sports equipment and specialist indoor flooring.
Our sports surfaces are designed to meet the varied and demanding requirements of sports that are played at both amateur and professional levels. With more than 35 years in the research, development and construction of sports surfaces, Thornton Sports is perfectly placed to meet the UK’s sporting and athletic needs – today, tomorrow and far into the future.
» Committed to the Environment
Thornton Sports are committed to the environment.
Thornton Sports have been awarded ISO14001 Environmental Accreditation. Our company aim is to:
Our full environmental policy can be seen on the about us section of this website.
» How can we help?
UK's Premier Synthetic Grass & Sports Surface Manufacturer
We can provide a whole range of sports surfaces, sports equipment and synthetic surface maintenance for schools and educational establishments. Solutions include synthetic sports pitches,MUGAs (Multi Use Games Areas) and much more. With over 35 years experience in providing educational sports facilities, we have the experience to fulfill all your sporting requirements.
We work closely with local authorities, providing the highest quality sports surfaces, equipment installation and maintenance of synthetic surfaces. Our many projects completed successfully and on time have led to us to be selected by numerous Local Authorities as approved contractors.
Architects & Contractors
We work closely with architects and main contractors on many of our projects. Our many projects completed for main contractors and architects have led to us to be selected by numerous main construction companies as approved contractors.
Domestic & Landscaping
Leave Us A Lawn was set up to cope with the growing demand whichNordon Ltd was experiencing from clients wishing to install artificial grass at either their business or domestic properties for smaller areas such as play areas, swimming pool surrounds and gardens. Visit Site >>
Sports Pitches & Sports Surfaces
Tweets by @thornton_sports
All of the artificial
grass we install is manufactured entirely in the UK, therefore reducing our customers' carbon footprint.