Natural Grass & Fibrelastic® Turf Pitch Construction
Thornton Contracts are able to offer the design, supply and construction of natural grass pitches, including soil analysis, excavation, re-levelling, drainage, irrigation installation, seeding sand slitting/sand mastering and the provision of sports markings and equipment.
Furthermore, we are able to provide Fibrelastic Turf®, Fibresand® & Fibreturf® pitches. Fibrelastic® involves the use of polyurethane fibres in addition to polypropylene fibres, within sand dominant root zones. Fibre-reinforced root zones were originally developed to improve the stability of sand dominant root zones once grass cover had diminished. However problems have been experienced with surface hardness and lack of grass cover. The Fibrelastic® surface has all of the attributes provided by a typical fibre reinforced, sand dominant rootzone, but is also more player friendly due to the reduced hardness and extra resilience of the surface.
Key benefits of Fibrelastic® Pitches include:
- enhanced cushioning effect reducing surface hardness
- increased live grass cover
- improved traction
- Buckshaw Village, Chorley
- Llanelli Scarletts, Wales
- Rugby School
- Harrow School
- Leckwith Stadium , Cardiff
- Spring Hill School, Rochdale
- Springhall Mansion, Halifax
- New Hall School, Chelmsford
- Millenium Youth Games, Southampton
- St Pauls and Piper Hill, Manchester
- Hymers College, Hull
- West London Academy
- East Leake Schools
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01282 777345.